Moscow tourist attractions
Welcome to the capital of Russia – Moscow city!
Moscow is a political, economical and cultural center of Russia.
Year over year millions of tourists come to the capital to see its world-famous places of interest.
When you come to the SafetyRoadsExpo exhibition, Forum, you are able to observe the main tourist attractions, as our exposition is situated in the very center of the capital – by the Kremlin’s walls.
The Kremlin is the great historical and architectural monument, which is not only the symbol of Moscow, but of Russia in whole.
Each Kremlin’s building is a page in the history of the city.
At one time the walls of the Kremlin were borders of Moscow.
Nowadays it is the city center. The Kremlin is located near the Moscow river, on the Borovitskiy Hill. From the opposite river Bank walls and towers of the Kremlin create the impression of enclosure of the grand architectural complex.
Nearby one can feel formidable power of this old tower. The height of the walls, narrow arrow loops and battle sites – first of all everything points to the fact that the Kremlin is a fortress first of all.
The Kremlin’s territory which is 27, 5 hectare has the form of irregular triangle. The south wall faces the river, the north – western – the Aleksandrovskiy garden, the eastern – the Red Square. Snug parks, grand palaces, golden-domed churches are placed on the Kremlin’s territory.
The Red Square is the main representative square of Moscow and the whole country.
For the first time the main square of the country was Mentioned as a trade one in 1434 After the fine in 1493 Ivan III ordered to clear the territory in front of the Kremlin - the protective area of 240 m which should have prevented the spread of a fire, as well as unexpected invasion of enemies.
This place, that was called «Fire» those days, became the square which was situated between the Kremlin and the village.
In the middle of the XVI century St Basil's cathedral was built on the square, nowadays it is the landmark not only of Moscow, but also of the whole country.
Kitay-Gorod is one of the oldest districts of Moscow, it is situated not far from the Kremlin.
It was inhabited already in XII - XIII centuries. At first there lived traders and craftsmen, later court nobility and clergy settled there.
Fragments of the Kitay-Gorod wall remained nearby the “Metropol” Hotel and the Kitayskiy passage.
On the territory of Kitay-Gorod remained many other tremendous historical and cultural monuments.
Arbat Street is the symbol of old Moscow which has been perpetuated in poetry, prose and songs. The street is rather small, during the last few years it was transformed into a walking area. area.
The Arbat is a historical center of Moscow which will ccelebrate 520 years in 2013.
Christ the Saviour Cathedral is the cathedral church in Moscow, the famous tourist attraction with tragic fate. On the 25 of December in 1812 russian emperor Alexander I issued the manifesto, according to it the Cathedral in honour of the victory of Russia over the Napoleon’s army should have been built. In 1832 under the guidance of architect Konstantin Ton the Cathedral was erected on the place of the Alekseevskiy convent, and in spring of 1883 the Cathedral was family. Triumphantly consecrated in the presence of Alexander III and theEmperor’s family.
The Cathedral was built on public money.
In 1931 the Cathedral of Christ the Saviour was detonated, on its Place the Place the construction of he The Palace of Soviets was planned.
Fortunately this project was not established, though the construction pit was excavated for the foundation of the building. In1960 this pit was used for the outdoor swimming pool “Moskva” which had been existed for 30 years.
In the late 80-s there appeared a social movement which took a stand in favor of the Cathedral’s reconstruction. In 2000 in consequence of rapid building works the Cathedral was consecrated. Location of the Cathedral makes its observation sites unique places: one can enjoy panoramas of the Central part of Moscow and the Kremlin.
Novodevichiy Convent is an outstanding architectural monument of XVI - XVII centuries established by tsar Vasiliy III in 1524 in memory of Smolensk city reentering the union of Russian lands.
The second name of the convent is Bogorodice-Smolenskiy. The most notable building of this architectural complex is the Smolenskiy Cathedral which was built at the same time with the building of the Convent’s foundation. The Convent is the monumental five-domed church with frescoes of XVI and XVII centuries, with carved iconostasis and rare icons of XVII century. Fratery with the Uspenskaya Church, bell-towers, churches under gates, Mariinskie and Lopuhinskie chambers are the great examples of the Moscow baroque style.
The Novodevichiy Convent is included in the UNESCO World Heritage List, is considered to be one of the oldest and most beautiful convents in Russia. On the 10th of August in 2009 the Convent accomplished 485years.
Poklonnaya Gora is a sloping hill on the west of Moscow, between rivers Setun and Filka. Some time ago Poklonnaya Gora was located far beyond the borders of Moscow, and from it’s top one could see the panorama of the city Travelers used to stop here to enjoy the views of Moscow, to bow it - that is where the name of the place comes from.
There is also located the memorial complex that covers 135 hectares.
Kolomenskoye Ancient Village is located on the south of Moscow, this place is unique, here the documents of Russian history were established and they had been carefully stored for centuries. Not far from Kolomenskoye the oldest Moscow settlement, Dyakovo Gorodishe, is situated. It appeared about 2,500 years ago.The architectural complex of Kolomenskoye is of great cultural and historical value. The complex consists of the Church of Voznesenie, the Church of Useknovenie, the Church - Belltower of George the Victory-bearer, the Church of Kazanskaya Bogomater, the Vodovzvodnaya Tower and two stone entry gates which were built during the reign of Aleksey Mikhailovich Romanov.The jewel in the crown is the church of Voznesenie, one of the first stone tent churches in Russia. In 1996 along with the Kremlin and the Red Square the Church was put into the UNESCO list of World cultural heritage.